Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Excited... create create create!

So I am excited that it is getting so close to spring and I can finally look into doing my first year at artisan markets... I am nervous and pumped up at the same time.
There's so much to do to get ready and to start checking so of the markets out... goodness I am clueless to what I am doing but ready and eager to give it a go thats for sure.
So its been a long couple of weeks... I keep promising myself that I am going to be more diligent about blogging... but of course something happens... this time... sick with the flu... yuck!
Not to mention kids have been sick... the man has been sick... I should buy stock in lysol because I have been buying the heck out of the stuff!LOL.
Getting to the studio when your sick... nearly impossible.
So I have been painting like mad before I got sickly and after I started feeling better... just love losing myself in my paints... and since I discovered my new addiction --- ACEO--- I cannot seem to get enough of creating this little pieces... they are a total blast... and I cannot wait to start selling some of them... sold 1 so far... but its a start.
I have been doing my best to keep my head up about not having sold but 3 pieces so far... I think I just entered into the market at a bad point and time for the economy... and I am still learning so much as far as marketing/ promo and getting myself KNOWN... Hi... I am Teri... here's my card (hehehe... started passing out business cards two weeks ago... gave a stack to each of my parents to hand out... gotta love the help they can be)
I also did a piece for a silent auction for a benefit last weekend... that was so exciting also... I created a piece that was 15X30 on a box canvas... it was a tree piece... I was so nervous... and I did not attend the benefit unfortunately... but... I was told that it was one of a couple of dozen paintings that were donated and that mine went for the highest price, was presented the best and was also the piece with the most interest and bids... yahooooooooo... and my cards went like hotcakes there... I was totally stoked! (80's lingo!)
Ok... so I guess I should calm down and get to doing something... create or sleep... hmmmm... its only 11:15pm... create is by far alot more fun than sleep... who needs sleep?LOL

I have so much I could write about now... but I will save some for tomorrow so that I WILL write more frequently... not spilling all my beans at once!!!